This type of business is more suitable for people who are fond of plants and design – botanists, landscape designers, decorators. Businesses will need to know which plants do best, how to choose them, and how to care for them. However, the main thing is still the competent management of the organization, otherwise professionals will be able to help you.
Advantages and disadvantages of business on phytowalls
- modern popular product;
- relatively free niche;
- the opportunity to start a business with investments up to UAH 100,000;
- high margin;
- permissions are not required;
- office is not required;
- simple technology;
- special knowledge is required;
- production equipment.
It is quite possible to organize a business on phytowalls. Finding buyers is always a difficult task, but in this case, the fashion for everything ecological will help you: today, people who are tired of the city are striving for nature. To open a phytodesign business and succeed, you need to carefully plan all your actions.
What are phytowalls and how to make money on them
City life forces you to spend almost all your time in the office or high-rise apartments. We miss nature, greenery and fresh air. That is why phytowalls have become popular all over the world, including in Ukraine. In addition, phytowalls are a concise interior solution that increases the number of fans of phytodesign.
What is a phytowall? This is a structure made of metal or plastic profiles, into which narrow boxes with live indoor plants are built. The design is equipped with an irrigation system and a special container with a timer for irrigation. Phytowall is not only a stylish solution for the interior. It, like indoor plants, makes the air cleaner and has a positive effect on the psychological state of those who are in the room with phytodesign. The technology of creating phytowalls allows you to design a wall of any shape and give the surface a different purpose. For example, phytodesign can be a covering of main walls both indoors and on the facade of a building; you can make partitions between rooms or create living pictures on the phytowall.
The variability of the use of phytodesign makes up a wide range of potential buyers. Who can become your client?
The main customers of phytowalls:
- Shopping centers interested in increasing turnover. Research in the United States has shown that consumers are willing to spend 12% more in malls that feature organic, natural design, including greenery.
- Large companies looking to beautify their office and improve employee productivity. In addition, phytodesign in the office gives the status of the company and supports the theme of environmental responsibility, which is now perplexing for many.
- Catering, shops, public places, clubs. Phytowalls are used in the interior of cafes and restaurants, shops, beauty salons, as well as phytobars in sports clubs and clinics.
- City authorities. Orders can be received from the city administration for the improvement of public premises and urban space. It is important to note that in addition to the aesthetic effect, phytowalls can perform a masking and protective function: they hide cracks on the facade, and also protect walls from temperature extremes.
- Private clients who want to decorate the interior of their home.
- Most orders come from legal entities, which increases the reliability and profitability of the business. It will also be helpful to work with construction crews and interior designers who can bring in additional clients.
What are the elements and types of phytodesign? Phytowalls are made from living, artificial and stabilized plants. These are different areas on which production technology, a set of services and their cost depend. Therefore, it is recommended to decide in advance on the direction of the phytobusiness. Also at the initial stage, it should be noted the list of services that your organization will provide. This may be the manufacture of structures for phytowalls; installation and installation of phytowalls; maintenance of installed phytowalls. Ideally, an organization should provide a full range of services that will be convenient for the customer and profitable for the entrepreneur.
Types of work related to phytowalls
- Production of phytowall structures. This is the most difficult part of the business, because its organization requires equipment and special knowledge of production technologies. First of all, you should understand the technology of creating a phytowall in order to understand what tools and materials will be required for this. Assembling a phytowall at home is not difficult – you can find detailed guides on the Internet to understand how everything works and how much material is needed. Another way to understand the technology of creating a phytowall is to disassemble the finished wall from the manufacturer. This experience will allow you to quickly master the basics of technology and in the future independently develop some structural elements. As an additional service, we can offer the production of phytopanels and phytopictures – unified portable structures,
- Installation and installation of phytowalls. This is a simpler type of business, as it involves the installation of phytowalls from ready-made components that are purchased from the manufacturer. Your task in this case is to find customers, deliver components to the customer’s address and install a phytowall. Installation of the structure includes filling the boxes with soil, planting plants and connecting an automatic irrigation system. For such classes, you will need a team of employees who need to learn all the intricacies of assembling a phytowall. You can cooperate with companies producing phytowalls by entering into a contract with them for the sale of their products at prices below retail.
- Maintenance of installed phytowalls. This type of activity includes periodic inspection of the phytowall structure installed at the client, checking its fastenings and minor repairs. The service includes: condition monitoring; ), treatment if necessary, replacement of plants if necessary, measures for the prevention and control of pests and diseases of plants, treatment of plants: removal of dust from plant leaves, varnishing of leaves.
In this case, it is advisable to conclude an agreement with a company that manufactures and installs phytowalls so that their specialists can recommend your service company. Investments are minimal – the purchase of plants and fertilizers, as well as the salary of specialists serving phytowalls. But it is worth noting that a decent profit will only appear if you have several regular customers for monthly maintenance. This type of activity is more suitable for large cities, where manufacturers and installers of phytowalls already work.
The simplest phytobusiness scheme involves finding suppliers of frameworks for phytowalls and suppliers of plants for mounting structures on existing elements.
The most profitable option for this business is a range of services: the manufacture of phytowalls, their installation at customers’ sites, and plant care. But for starters, it is recommended to limit the services for installing phytowalls and caring for them. Finding a manufacturer of phytowalls is no longer a problem. Having received from the manufacturer detailed instructions for installing a phytowall and recommendations for choosing specific plants, you can start looking for buyers.
What technology of manufacturing and installation of phytowalls
Despite the fact that the phytowall looks bulky and complex in design, its scheme is quite simple if you understand it. The basis of the phytowall is a metal, wooden or plastic frame, which is installed at a distance of 4-6 cm from the wall. This frame holds adjacent boxes of soil and irrigation system. Plants of different types are planted in the soil, which the client can choose himself. To facilitate the choice of phytocomposition, we can offer several ready-made solutions that meet the different requirements of customers.
There are many nuances in this business related to growing plants and the technology for installing the entire module. Firstly, when choosing plants, various parameters should be taken into account: light exposure, room temperature, etc. Secondly, you need to decide on the purchase of indoor plants: you can find reliable suppliers or grow your own plants. The installation of the structure itself is not a difficult task. The main task is to correctly build the frame of the phytowall. Since water will be automatically supplied to the structure, it is necessary to protect the wall from moisture. For this, a PVC frame is suitable. The moisture-proof frame is directly connected to the liquid tank, which is supplied by the aquarium pump. For high-quality watering of all plants, it is necessary to correctly calculate the supply of water pressure in the system.
How to promote phytowalls in the market
When organizing this business, it is very important to offer competent service. After all, phytowalls are a relatively new product, which many have not even heard of. The customer must consciously come to the conclusion and decision on the need to install a phytowall. To do this, an advertising campaign must convey information about the benefits of phytowalls.
Advantages of installing a phytowall:
- Plants are the best filter for a room. The more plants, the more air
- Strange as it may sound, but the phytowall creates additional sound insulation from extraneous sounds behind the wall.
- Plants require constant care, and for many this is a serious problem.
- Phytowalls are equipped with an automatic watering system, which makes the design almost autonomous and simplifies the process of caring for plants.
- Phytodesign not only decorates the interior, but also allows you to hide the flaws of the walls: bumps, flaws in the interior, etc.
- Space zoning – a wall of living plants will perfectly replace screens and partitions.
- Phytostin reduces the level of hospitalization by an average of 3 times.
- Significantly increases productivity
- Purifies the air of toxic substances
- Reduces air conditioning costs by an average of 15%
- Increases employee loyalty and satisfaction
- It creates a favorable impression on visitors, increases the loyalty of customers and partners.
Where can you place this information so that it is heard and attracted customers? Firstly, on our own website, where there will be general information, examples of work, photos, price list, contacts and a window for a quick order. Various promotion tools will help here: banners, contextual advertising, etc. If you do not want to spend money on a website, you can use a budget alternative – social networks. Creating a group in which you can present examples of work and communicate with potential clients will allow you to get the maximum effect with minimal cost.
Participation in specialized exhibitions will also be effective, which will provide an opportunity to establish cooperation with companies that can become intermediaries for your products (design studios, architectural bureaus, etc.), as well as directly reach the end user.
Another option is to install a free phytowall in the shopping center, which in itself will become an advertisement for your business. Do not forget about printed products – they are still an active promotion tool. Create attractive booklets with a commercial offer or mini-catalogue. Distribute material: by email to corporate clients, in mailboxes for residents of apartment buildings, in design studios, flower shops, etc.
You can also use outdoor advertising: banners, signs, advertisements on bulletin boards, etc. The main thing is to correctly convey information to the consumer and explain the benefits of buying a phytowall.